UW-Madison/Edgewood College Collaborative Program
Information for UW-Madison Students
Edgewood College and UW-Madison have an agreement by which UW-Madison students may take courses at Edgewood College at UW-Madison tuition rates. The program is open to full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students who are in good academic standing. The Collaborative Program is offered in the Fall and Spring Semesters only. The deadlines for applying to the Collaborative Program are July 1st for the Fall Semester and December 1st for the Spring Semester. Collaborative Program students must received approval for each semester that they intend to participate in the program. It is recommended that students interested in the Collaborative Program meet with an Edgewood Admissions representative so that any questions or concerns about the program can be address.
The following instructions pertain to UW-Madison students who wish to take a course at Edgewood College:
All of the documentation listed below must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admission by the deadlines stated above:
- A complete and signed undergraduate application for admission. Please indicate in Section #9 that you intend to be a Collaborative Program student by writing it in the section
- Submit the non-refundable $25.00 application fee
- Submit a letter from the Dean or Academic Advisor of the college or school that you re enrolled in that includes the following information:
1. verify that you are currently enrolled at UW-Madison as a full-time degree-seeking undergraduate in "good academic standing"
2. verify your wish to take part in the Collaborative Program
3. verify that the course that you wish to take will be accepted in transfer back to UW-Madison
4. verify that any pre-requisites needed for the course have been completed
5. state the name and course number of the course to be taken at Edgewood
- An official transcript of your record at UW-Madison
Once this documentation has been received, you will be accepted into the Collaborative Program and receive an admission letter allowing course registration. Your next step will be to contact the New Student Academic Services Coordinator, 663-2205, for assistance with the course registration process. It is recommended that you bring in a UW-Madison transcript or degree audit for your registration appointment.
Collaborative Program students are billed directly by the Edgewood College Business Office. Tuition for the course taken is based on the current UW-Madison in-state per credit fee. Please consult the Edgewood College Business Office, 663-2203, regarding tuition payment plans.
Once a course is completed, it is the student's responsibility to request that an official transcript of credits earned be sent to the appropriate office at UW-Madison. You will find a transcript request form attached. Please submit the transcript request form along with the required feel to the Edgewood College Registrar's Office.